Monday, January 15, 2007

Updates from the last week

Well it seems like we've had a busy past few days. Thursday Bethany had her 9 month check up (no needles this trip!). She's weighing in at 18lbs 11oz and is 28 1/2 inches long. The doctor said she looks great and is in the 95 % for height.

Thursday night we got together with some friends that Matt graduated with, John & Dena, Josh & Marian, and the three of us and went to the Fireside for supper to celebrate Josh's birthday! We had a great time and Bethany enjoyed her first time there, although she did get kicked out at 8:30 (no one under 19 years allowed after that), but being the good parents we are, we decided to leave then to!

Friday night Bethany & I had a sleepover at Grammie & Poppa's since Matt was staying on the ship, and Saturday Rachel & I and the babies went shopping. Both Bethany & Ryan were really good!

The last couple of days Bethany has been trying to become mobile, she's finally figured out a way to "crawl" on our slippery hardwood floors. She uses one knee and one foot to go forward. She's getting the hang of it now and was scooting all around this morning.


Bethany "crawling"

Another thing she's becoming obsessed with is pushing herself up into a sitting position. It was really cute at first, but now she's doing it in her sleep, and at 1am, it's not so cute. Seriously, the last few nights I've heard her moving around a lot and go check on her and she's sitting up in her crib with her eyes closed. These new tricks they have to keep doing over and over again!!

This is what she discovered she could crawl to this morning

Another trick that she must do 800 times a day, stand up and jump up and down in her crib

In other exciting news, there's an article about the Coast Guard in the Canadian Geographic Magazine. The writer was on board the ship Matt's on when they were up north in the summer. It's a very interesting article, but we're most excited about the picture of Matt in the magazine! Check it out!

The Cover

That's Matt in the left picture, he's also in the other pic of the engine room crew (bottom left hand corner). The caption with his photo reads: Recently graduated Marine Engineer Matt (last name) had supernumerary status, leaving him free to roam the Louis day and night learning all he could about her inner workings.

That's about all from here, Matt's working, so Bethany and I are home most of the time. We are looking forward to a playdate with Sarah & Naomi this week though! Bethany's very excited to play with Naomi, and Sarah and I can chat for hours...with no long distance bill!!!

3 comments:

The Barretts said...

Wow! That's so cool that Matt's in the Canadian Geographic! I'll have to get a copy so he can sign it!

Looking forward to our play date! Can't wait to see all of Bethany's new tricks!

Anonymous said...

That is really cool that Matt is in Canadian Geographic, which issue is it? Chris and I are going to see if we can get a copy.
Great pics of Bethany, she will be walking in no time :)

-Steph

Anonymous said...

Well I saw that issue of Can Geo at chapters the other day.... pretty cool... They are really scraping the bottom of the barrel these days, I remember when it used to be a really good magazine.. hahha just kidding I am tres jealous