Friday, January 19, 2007

Tales of a Rocking Chair

Today I got an old rocking chair out of my parents basement and cleaned it up. It used to be mine! It was given to me by an aunt & uncle when I was just 2 weeks old. It's still in great shape for being almost 27 years old (better shape than me, I think). Mom said there used to be a music box sort of thing on the rocker part that played music everytime you rocked. Anyways, I'm excited to have something that was mine to pass on to my daughter, she thought it was great fun!



These pics look so calm and serene, really she was rocking like crazy trying to catapult herself out of the chair. She's a little young to sit in it alone!

I also got out and cleaned up mine & my brothers old highchair. I'm going to paint it, and then Bethany will have a highchair to use at Grammie & Poppa's. The strap is missing on it though, any ideas on how to keep Bethany from sliding out??

Bethany & I are spending this rainy day at my parents, waiting for Matt to finish up work for the day!!

1 comment:

The Barretts said...

Hey, I just put up some pics of Naomi in MY old rocking chair! What a coincidence! Bethany looks like she's enjoying it!